This recipe is a nice healthier substitute for chicken nuggets. I tend to make the cakes a big bigger, small-hand held size. The dip is vegetarian, but you could omit it or make a vegan version (with vegan yoghurt and cream).
- 3 large or 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped & steamed. (I usually steam them in the morning then leave draining, covered in a colander to make into cakes and bake later).
- Gluten-free flour (around 2 cups, varies on desired consistency )
- 1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (most contain fish however Henderson’s Relish is vegan, as is mushroom ketchup from Geo Watkins @ Waitrose)
- 3 spring onions (finely chopped)
- Large mixing bowl
- Coconut oil for frying (or olive oil)
- Frying pan
- Fish slice for turning
- Bowl/ plate with lined with 2 pieces kitchen roll