Makes about 225g (8oz).
You will need:
- 125g (4oz) hard vegetable margarine, such as Tomor. (Please not I do not recommend use of any vegan product that contains conflict-palm oil).
- 1 teaspoon miso or yeast extract
- 125g (4oz) soya flour
- salt and pepper
- Put the margarine (or tomor) and miso (or yeast extract) into a saucepan and heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the soya flour and seasoning until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the soya flour and seasoning to taste.
- Pour mixture into a small dish or suitable mould such as a small polythene container.
- Cool, then chill until firm.
- Can be sliced or grated and used as a replacement for dairy cheese.
To freeze: Cover dish with polythene, freeze. Remove from the freezer 2hrs before required.