Hemp is a good source of omega-3s for vegans, and hemp milk a great alternative to dairy as is the only vegan milk I have found that can be used in tea or coffee (without curdling).
- I soak organic porridge oats in filtered water the night before. This makes the texture creamier.
- I use hemp milk, which I heat, the drain, rinse and add the oats.
- I add a teaspoon and a half of ground, sprouted flax powder and a sprinkling of hemp seeds (after porridge has slightly cooled).
- I then add either chopped strawberries, blueberries or banana.
- I sometimes refrigerate leftovers and serve after school with some yoghurt.
- Sprinkled dried fruit or carob powder (or cacao) for a treat